Foreign Income Worksheet

Foreign Income Worksheet

2019 Worksheet Instructions

For each fund and share class owned, enter the Total Ordinary Dividends reported in Box 1a of Form 1099-DIV next to the fund’s name in the worksheet.

What You Will Need

  • Individuals: Your Form 1099-DIV
  • Corporations: Your American Funds year-end statement (See Additional Information for Corporate Shareholders.)
  • IRS Form 1116 or IRS Form 1118 (if a corporation) — call (800) 829-3676 to order, or download from the Forms & Publications section at

*American Funds Tax-Advantaged Growth and Income PortfolioSM has been renamed, effective 1/1/20, to American Funds Tax-Aware Conservative Growth and Income PortfolioSM.

To determine your individual tax situation, please consult your tax advisor.