Security is a joint effort. As soon as possible after opening your account, we encourage you to:
1. Create a smart, custom password.
- Be wary of unsolicited requests for your personal information online, by email or by phone.
- Don’t share user names, account numbers or passwords.
2. Activate account activity and security notifications and keep your email up to date.
These notifications are automatically activated the first time you log in to your account. They help you monitor your account and respond more quickly to prevent fraud because we alert you immediately by email if changes to your account are initiated online. We notify you again when a change is processed.
Account activity notifications — Alert you to transactions (e.g., withdrawals) or other account changes (e.g., bank information changes).
Security notifications — Alert you to changes to personal information: physical address, email address, statement delivery preference, username or password.
Activate notifications | Verify current settings
3. Sign up for paperless delivery of important documents.
We will notify you by email as soon as your statements, tax forms and other documents are available through security login. With paperless delivery, you don’t have to worry about shredding papers, and documents will never get lost in the mail.
Sign up now | Paperless delivery FAQ