Learn more about importing your tax information to TurboTax® or H&R Block®.
For TurboTax Online, navigate to the tax forms section
1. Select the Federal tab
2. Select Wages & Income
3. Under Your Income, choose which tax documents to include, and click Start
4. When prompted to import forms, click Continue
5. Under Let’s Import Your Tax Info, use the search box to look for “American Funds.” Click the search result when it appears.
Let’s import your tax info
1. Log in to your American Funds account. Enter these details:
Example: 01-12345678 or 01,12345678
2. Enter your online password that you use when accessing the American Funds account
3. Click Get My Form
4. Complete any verification steps
5. To import from a different financial institution, click Add Investment. Otherwise, click Confirm.
You will see the “Import Summary” screen if your tax information successfully imported.
Repeat the import steps referenced above.
You can import American Funds tax information from forms 1099-DIV, 1099-B and 1099-R.
TurboTax will help you enter information about your investment sales during the import process. When available, cost basis information is included on Form 1099-B that is mailed to you in late January.
You can also view your tax forms online.
To ensure that you file your tax return properly, use only the most current version of TurboTax or TurboTax Online.
You can easily direct deposit your tax refund by following the step-by-step instructions from your e-filing software provider. For additional guidance, visit Direct deposit your tax refund.
Technical questions about TurboTax should be directed to TurboTax’s website. Call us for help with your American Funds account.
Follow these steps to import your tax information to H&R Block. Technical questions about H&R Block should be directed to the H&R Block website.
1. Go to the Federal tab
2. Click Income
1. Click Add Income
2. Select the Form to add. Valid selections are:
3. Click Next. If needed, click See More Income Types.
4. Click Start next to the form to import
1. If Capital Group-American Funds doesn’t appear, click on Other
2. In the Financial Institution field, enter Capital Group
3. Click Next
Import from American Funds
1. Fund number and account number — Enter your fund number and account number separated by a comma. For example: 01,12345678 (no spaces).
2. American Funds password — Enter your online password for your American Funds account
3. Click Import
4. On the “Capital Group-American Funds” page, review all the forms and click Finish
1. To review or delete the form:
2. Click Next to review any other forms that were imported for your account. When complete, click The Info is Correct.
3. Determine whether there are more forms to download:
There are more forms of the same type to download
Click Add New (Form Name) and return to Step 4 in the Navigation section
There are more forms of a different type to download
Return to Step 2 in the Navigation section
All forms have been downloaded and are accurate
Investments are not FDIC-insured, nor are they deposits of or guaranteed by a bank or any other entity, so they may lose value.
Investors should carefully consider investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses. This and other important information is contained in the fund prospectuses and summary prospectuses, which can be obtained from a financial professional and should be read carefully before investing.
This material does not constitute legal or tax advice. Investors should consult with their legal or tax advisors.
All Capital Group trademarks mentioned are owned by The Capital Group Companies, Inc., an affiliated company or fund. All other company and product names mentioned are the property of their respective companies.
Use of this website is intended for U.S. residents only.
American Funds Distributors, Inc.
This content, developed by Capital Group, home of American Funds, should not be used as a primary basis for investment decisions and is not intended to serve as impartial investment or fiduciary advice.