Follow these steps to import your tax information to H&R Block. Technical questions about H&R Block should be directed to the H&R Block website.
1. Go to the Federal tab
2. Click Income
1. Click Add Income
2. Select the Form to add. Valid selections are:
- Retirement plan income, withdrawals and rollovers (Form 1099-R)
- Dividends or capital gain distributions (Form 1099-DIV)
- Sales of stocks, bonds, mutual funds and other securities (Form 1099-B)
3. Click Next. If needed, click See More Income Types.
4. Click Start next to the form to import
1. If Capital Group-American Funds doesn’t appear, click on Other
2. In the Financial Institution field, enter Capital Group
- If you receive a prompt on “How do you want to add your 1099-DIV?” click Upload a File
- Click Next
- When Capital Group appears in the box below, click it to select it
3. Click Next
Import from American Funds
1. Fund number and account number — Enter your fund number and account number separated by a comma. For example: 01,12345678 (no spaces).
2. American Funds password — Enter your online password for your American Funds account
3. Click Import
4. On the “Capital Group-American Funds” page, review all the forms and click Finish
1. To review or delete the form:
- If you are importing the form, click the pencil icon
- If you are deleting the form, click the X icon
2. Click Next to review any other forms that were imported for your account. When complete, click The Info is Correct.
3. Determine whether there are more forms to download: