Data as at 31 December 2018 and attributed to Capital Group, unless otherwise stated. AUM: assets under management.
The Capital Group companies manage equities through three investment divisions that make investment and proxy voting decisions independently. Fixed income investment professionals provide fixed income research and investment management across the Capital organisation; however, for securities with equity characteristics, they act solely on behalf of one of the three equity investment groups.
1 Emerging Markets Growth Fund is a US-domiciled open-end interval fund generally offered to institutional investors and other qualified purchasers in the US by Capital International, Inc.
2 MSCI Emerging Markets Index market value as a % of MSCI All Country World Index (ACWI). Source: Datastream
3 Nominal gross domestic product (GDP) in billions of US dollars. Source: International Monetary Fund: World Economic Outlook Database, October 2018 edition
4 Emerging markets currently account for nearly 70% of the global GDP growth, yet represent a small portion of the global equity market. Nominal GDP estimates for 2018 in US dollars, current prices. Source: IMF World Economic Outlook Database October 2018
Risk factors you should consider before investing:
- This material is not intended to provide investment advice or be considered a personal recommendation.
- The value of investments can go down as well as up and you may lose some or all of your initial investment.
- Past results are not a guide to future results.
- If the currency in which you invest strengthens against the currency in which the underlying investments of the fund are made, the value of your investment will decrease.
- Depending on the strategy, risks may be associated with investing in fixed income, emerging markets and/or high-yield securities; emerging markets are volatile and may suffer from liquidity problems.