1. The Seventh National Population Census was conducted in 2020 and results were released in May 2021. Source: National Bureau of Statistics of China
2. Average monthly disposable income of Shanghai residents based on data from the first half of 2021. Source: National Bureau of Statistics of China
3. Rankings are based on CBRE’s Global Living Report 2020. Source: CBRE
4. Data as at 30 October 2021. Source: National Bureau of Statistics of China
5. The Two Invoice System was introduced in 2017 to limit the number of invoices between medical device manufacturers and hospitals to a maximum of two.
6. Includes both physical construction and property-related services. GDP: gross domestic product. Source: Rogoff and Yang 2021
7. Figure based on a Wall Street Journal article dated 10 October 2021, which cited a report from Nomura.
8. Referring to the collapse of US investment bank Lehman Brothers, which preceded the global financial crisis in 2008.
9. Refers to the Working Guidance For Carbon Dioxide Peaking And Carbon Neutrality In Full And Faithful Implementation Of The New Development Philosophy. Source: The State Council
10. Based on end-2020 data. Source: Statista
11. Based on end-2019 data. Refers to carbon dioxide emissions from fossil fuels and cement production only. Source: Global Carbon Project
12. Baseload power refers to the minimum amount of electric power needed to be supplied to the electrical grid at any given time.