Objective: Provide long-term growth of capital and income.
- Strategy inception date: December 31, 1966
- Assets in strategy (millions): $199.3
- Benchmark: Standard & Poor's 500 Composite Index
- Invests in: U.S. equities
- Minimum account size (millions):
- Collective investment trust: $5
- Separate account: $100
- Our investment process begins with intensive company scrutiny by our analysts, who formulate recommendations based on proprietary models for earnings estimates and valuations. They also conduct regular one-on-one meetings with all levels of management at companies in their coverage
- Analysts and managers look for long-term growth, cyclical improvement, turnarounds or deep value situations
- Analysts as a group are given a portion of portfolio assets to manage, each in their particular fields of experience and knowledge. Because they manage money, Capital's analysts provide portfolio managers with clear signals about their strongest convictions
- The equity analysts and portfolio managers also work with fixed income and macroeconomic teams as well as our large team of international equity investment professionals when examining potential investments. We believe interaction between investment professionals with different perspectives, styles and regional coverage yields an informational advantage
- Our research process and The Capital System℠ help to diversify risk. Every new idea is discussed and debated by the U.S. investment group, including the portfolio managers, bringing to light bull and bear arguments and increasing the likelihood of identifying and considering all of the key issues that might affect the investment
- The Capital System creates a strategy that is highly diversified by company and by sector because we rely on multiple stock pickers in every portfolio
- Our independent global investment control group monitors compliance with internal and portfolio guidelines, while the investment committee oversees the overall investment of the portfolio
- Our legal and compliance team provides guidance on the regulations in the markets in which we invest
History of U.S. Equity at Capital Group
Capital began managing domestic equity portfolios for institutional clients in 1968. Our portfolios draw upon a deep pool of research conducted by over 170 investment professionals (as of December 31, 2020).
Portfolio Management Team
Get a breakdown of holdings for this strategy and the benchmark.