You must be logged in to view select strategy information
Objective: Long-term growth of capital and income.
- Strategy inception date: 2011
- Assets in strategy (millions): $351.9
- Benchmark: MSCI EAFE Index
- Invests in: International plus equities
- Minimum account size (millions):
- Separate account: $50
- A core belief in independent research, a long-term focus and diverse viewpoints through The Capital System℠ define our investment process
- The investment process begins with in-depth research conducted by a large global team of analysts through visits to companies, their competitors, suppliers and other relevant parties
- International Plus Equity portfolio analysts and managers also work with fixed income and macroeconomic analysts to examine potential investments, especially in global industries such as energy and technology, benefiting from the vigorous discussion of multiple views
- Analysts as a group are given assets to manage, each in their particular fields of knowledge and experience
- The investment team consists of four portfolio managers, each of whom makes independent investment decisions
- Managers maintain a long-term view as they look for quality companies at attractive prices. Varying investment styles and approaches among managers result in robust interaction, with constant challenges to prevailing convictions and frequent retesting of investment theses in each stock and market
- This entire process is overseen by a Principal Investment Officer who seeks to achieve an ideal balance of convictions and investment styles to create a portfolio that reflects the best ideas of our managers
- We have a comprehensive framework for addressing risk
- Our research process and The Capital System help diversify the portfolio
- Capital’s independent global investment control group monitors compliance with portfolio guidelines
- Our legal and compliance team helps make certain we adhere to regulations in the markets in which we invest
History of International Equity at Capital Group
Capital began managing domestic equity portfolios for institutional clients in 1968 and has offered international plus equity management since 1978. Capital’s first emerging markets equity fund was launched in 1986, more than one year prior to the inception of the MSCI Emerging Markets Index. Our portfolios draw upon a deep pool of research conducted by over 165 investment professionals, many of whom are dedicated to international and emerging markets equity (as of December 31, 2017).
Portfolio Management Team
This material is designed for use solely by Qualified Purchasers, institutional investors and consultants. It may not be disseminated to or used by individual plan participants or retail investors.