Objective: Provide long-term growth of capital.
- Strategy inception date: September 30, 2001
- Assets in strategy (billions): $3.1
- Benchmark: MSCI ACWI ex USA Index
- Invests in:
- Developed markets equities, excluding U.S.
- Emerging markets equities
- Minimum account size (millions):
- Collective investment trust: $5
- Separate account: $100
- Fundamental research by a large global team of analysts is the cornerstone of our investment process
- Equity analysts specializing in one or more industries work closely with fixed income and macroeconomic teams to examine potential investments
- Analysts conduct in-depth, independent research by visiting the companies, their competitors, suppliers and other relevant parties
- Analysts as a group manage portfolio assets, each in their particular fields of knowledge and experience
- The investment team consists of five portfolio managers, each of whom makes independent investment decisions. Their varied investment styles allow for robust interaction and constant challenges to prevailing convictions and ideas, prompting frequent retesting of investment theses in each stock and market
- We have a comprehensive framework for addressing risk
- Our research process and The Capital System℠ help diversify the portfolio
- Capital’s independent global investment control group monitors compliance with portfolio guidelines
- Our legal and compliance team provides guidance on the regulations in the markets in which we invest
History of International Equity at Capital Group
Capital began managing domestic equity portfolios for institutional clients in 1968 and has offered international equity management since 1978. Capital’s first emerging markets equity fund was launched in 1986, more than one year prior to the inception of the MSCI Emerging Markets Index. Our portfolios draw upon a deep pool of research conducted by over 155 investment professionals, many of whom are dedicated to international and emerging markets equity (as of March 31, 2021).
Portfolio Management Team