Objective: Long-term growth of capital and income.
- Strategy inception date: June 30, 1985
- Assets in strategy (billions): $1.0
- Benchmark: MSCI World Index
- Invests in: Global equities
- Minimum account size (millions):
- Collective investment trust: $5
- Separate account: $100
- A core belief in independent research, a long-term focus and diverse viewpoints through The Capital System℠ define our investment process
- The investment process begins with in-depth, independent research conducted by a large global team of analysts through visits to companies, their competitors, suppliers and other relevant parties
- The equity analysts also work with fixed income and macroeconomic analysts to examine potential investments, especially in global industries such as energy, technology and materials
- Analysts as a group are given assets to manage, each in their particular fields of knowledge and experience
- The investment team consists of four portfolio managers, each of whom makes independent investment decisions. This allows for robust interaction and constant challenges to prevailing convictions and ideas, prompting frequent retesting of investment theses in each stock and market
- We have a comprehensive framework for addressing risk
- Our research process and The Capital System help diversify the portfolio
- Capital’s independent global investment control group monitors compliance with portfolio guidelines
- Our legal and compliance team provides guidance on the regulations in the markets in which we invest
History of Global Equity at Capital Group
Capital began managing domestic equity portfolios for institutional clients in 1968 and has offered international equity management since 1978. Capital’s first emerging markets equity fund was launched in 1986, more than one year prior to the inception of the MSCI Emerging Markets Index. Our portfolios draw upon a deep pool of research conducted by over 165 investment professionals, many of whom are dedicated to international and emerging markets equity (as of September 30, 2020).
Portfolio Management Team
The Capital Group companies manage equity assets through three investment groups. These groups make investment and proxy voting decisions independently. Fixed income investment professionals provide fixed income research and investment management across the Capital organization; however, for securities with equity characteristics, they act solely on behalf of one of the three equity investment groups.
Any collective investment trusts (“CITs”) available under the strategy shown are maintained by Capital Bank and Trust Company (“trustee”), which has retained an affiliate to serve as investment adviser to the trustee for the CITs.
Investors should carefully consider investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses. This and other important information is contained in the mutual fund prospectuses/summary prospectuses, which can be obtained from a financial professional, and should be read carefully before investing. Similar information about collective investment trusts can be obtained from Capital Group or participants' plan provider or employer.