Important Tax Deadlines
See below for important federal tax deadlines and tax form mailing dates. Speak with your financial professional if you have questions about transactions that may affect your taxes.
- Traditional or Roth IRA conversions or transfers
- Gifts to CollegeAmerica® plans for 2019
- Gifts to individuals or charitable donations for 2019
- Required minimum distributions (RMDs) from retirement accounts
Important: Transaction requests received after 4:00 p.m. Eastern time on December 31, 2019, will be processed on the next business day (January 2, 2020) and will be reported for tax year 2020.
- Federal tax filings and payments for S corporations and partnerships (with tax year-end of 12/31)
- Traditional and Roth IRA contributions for 2019
- Education Savings Account contributions for 2019
- Federal tax filings and payments for individuals, C corporations and sole proprietorships (with tax year-end of 12/31)
- Federal tax filings for S corporations and partnerships that requested an extension with the IRS
- Federal tax filings for individuals, C corporations (with tax year-end of 12/31) and sole proprietorships who requested an extension with the IRS
Note: American Funds cannot determine who is eligible for a tax-filing extension. Speak to your financial professional or visit the IRS website for information about tax relief.