JANUARY 20, 2015
Did You Know You Can Invest in an IRA Immediately Online?
You can make your 2014 IRA contribution immediately online by linking your bank account. Once you have a check or your bank account information at hand, access your account online and follow these steps:
- Go to Your Portfolio.
- Click Edit Your Profile.
- Click Set Up next to "Bank Information (for online investing)."
- Complete the two-step process.
Once you’ve submitted your information, you can purchase shares immediately using your linked account(s). Note, however, that some accounts, including most employer-sponsored retirement plans, are not eligible for online purchases.
In addition to making immediate IRA contributions, when you link your American Funds account(s) to your bank account you can also:
- buy more shares at any time (up to $100,000 per day)
- sell shares without delay (up to a value of $125,000 per day)
- set up an automatic purchase or withdrawal plan