Select regional free trade agreements, based on total 2019 GDP of member countries (in US$ trillion)
Data as at 16 November 2020. GDP: gross domestic product. Sources: World Bank Group, Statista
Number of mobile broadband subscriptions in Asia (millions)4
Based on latest available data as at 9 March 2021. Source: International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
Global digital payments revenue
For illustrative purposes only.
Source: World Payments Report 2020 from Capgemini. 2020-2030 are estimates. Figures reflect all non-cash payments. No third party whose information is referenced in this report under credit to it, assumes any liability towards the user with respect to its information.
Annual number of flights per capita
Data as at 2018. GDP: gross domestic product
Annual number of flights per capita, source: World Bank and CIA World Fact Book
GDP per capita, source: Airbus
1. Member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) are Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
2. Data as at 25 February 2021. Based on 2019’s data, RCEP accounts for 29% of the world’s gross domestic product (GDP) and 30% of the world’s population. Source: The World Bank
3. Data as of 30 September 2020. Source: Reliance Industries
4. Data as at 2019. Source: World Bank. Asia total includes China, India, Korea and ASEAN
5. Source: eMarketer, May 2020
6. 4D bioprinting precisely dispenses living cells and biomaterials layer by layer, creating structures that follow native human tissues and biological systems, which are often further incubated to proliferate, mature and change over time. This dimension of time makes the bioprinting 4D. Source: Rokit Healthcare
7. Source: Boeing Commercial Market Outlook 2020-2039
Markets & Economy
The Capital Ideas newsletter delivers weekly investment insights straight to your inbox.