1. Air Transport Action Group. “Facts & Figure.” atag.org. September 2020.
2. Brandon Graver, Ph.D., Kevin Zhang, Dan Rutherford, Ph.D. “CO2 emissions from commercial aviation, 2018.” The International Council on Clean Transportation. September 2019.
3. Source: International Air Transportation Association (IATA).
4. Source: International Energy Agency (IEA), Netherlands Aerospace Centre (NLR), Det Norske Veritas (DNV), Mission Possible Partnership (MPP), Air Transport Action Group (ATAG) and BloombergNEF (BNEF).
5. “Sustainable Aviation Fuels: The Outlook.” BloombergNEF. June 17, 2021, p. 1.
6. F. Ueckerdt, C. Bauer, A. Dirnaichner et al. "Potential and risks of hydrogen-based e-fuels in climate change mitigation." Nature Climate Change. vol. 11, pp. 384–393 (2021).
7. Sophie Barthel. "German government, industry agree SAF development plan." Argus Blog. Argus Media, May 7, 2021.
8. BloombergNEF, p. 2.
9. Destination 2050: A Route to Net Zero Aviation." SEO Amsterdam Economics. February 2021. p. 91.
10. BloombergNEF, p. 5.
Past results are not a guarantee of future results. The value of investments and income from them can go down as well as up and you may lose some or all of your initial investment. This information is not intended to provide investment, tax or other advice, or to be a solicitation to buy or sell any securities.
Statements attributed to an individual represent the opinions of that individual as of the date published and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Capital Group or its affiliates. All information is as at the date indicated unless otherwise stated. Some information may have been obtained from third parties, and as such the reliability of that information is not guaranteed.