January through April (tax season) are very high-call volume months for our service centers, causing hold times to be longer than during other times of the year. In addition to seasonal increases, there are other factors resulting from the prolonged pandemic adding to the strain on the current service experience.
Our current hold times do not meet our own or your standards. We remain committed to ensuring we're providing high-quality, consistent service, and recognize this is a significant inconvenience. We’re actively working to address your concerns and feedback by:
- Working in an “all hands on deck” environment
- Continuing to aggressively hire new associates, which includes managing the challenges of the current labor market
- Updating our phone system to provide you with an estimated wait time
- Adding additional features to our phone system and website in the near future
During this time, when possible, we encourage you to:
- Use the American Funds advisor website or DST Vision to complete transactions and account updates (subject to approval from your home office)
- Use our online submission tool to submit requests instead of calling
- Avoid delays in transactions by placing calls to us outside of peak hours (1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. ET)
While we are diligently working to improve the current service experience, there may be times you experience longer than normal hold times throughout tax season. The associates in our service centers are working tirelessly to deliver quality, timely service during this time. Thank you for all you do on behalf of your clients and for your patience and understanding.